Interstate Gas Supply, Inc.
Last Modified: 3/31/2014
Interstate Gas Supply, Inc. (“Company,” “Us,” “Our,” or “We”) respects your privacy and We are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. The term “you” or “your” includes you any of your subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and parent or legal guardian.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites at www.igsenergy.com and/or any other website owned, controlled and/or operated by Us, and any of their sub-sites, (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications that you download from the Website, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
- Via any other source, including without limitation telephone communications and any written communications between You and Us.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to us or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we have the right but not the obligation to delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at http://www.igscompanies.com/contact.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as, without limitation, Your use of the Website; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include, without limitation, usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, without limitation, our affiliates and business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the Website otherwise may include, but is not limited to:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or otherwise submitted to Us. This includes, but is not limited to,
- information provided at the time of registering to use our Website (subscribing to services, purchasing products, posting material or requesting further services or information). We may also ask You for information in other communications or via web forms in other situations, including but not limited to when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored or promoted by Us, when you report a problem with our Website, or when you otherwise communicate with Us.
- Records and copies of Your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if You contact Us.
- Your responses to surveys that We might ask You to complete for research, marketing or other purposes.
- Details of transactions You carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of Your orders or subscriptions for products or services. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Any other information that You provide to us or that We are able to collect as a result of Your use of the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk and are subject to the Website Terms. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom You may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include but are not limited to:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies..
- Web Beacons. Pages or portions of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We may (without obligation) use information that we collect about You or that you provide to Us, including any personal information:
- To present Our Website and its contents to You.
- To provide You with information, products or services that You request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which You provide it.
- To provide You with notices about Your account, subscription, or any products or services that we Provide You, including, without limitation, expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify You about changes to Our Website or any products or services We offer or provide.
- To allow You to participate in interactive features on Our Website.
- To offer you Products or Services provided by Us, our affiliates, or third-parties with whom We do business;
- In any other way that We may describe when You provide the information.
- To enable us to display advertisements or promotions to our target audiences.
- For any other purpose with Your consent.
We may also use Your information to contact You about Our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to You. If You do not want Us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data if applicable, or if applicable, adjust your user preferences in your account profile. You may opt-out of any promotional e-mails from IGS Energy by e-mailing email@example.com.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about Our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to You if You have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when You provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect Our rights, property, or safety, or that of Our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide You with choices regarding the personal information You provide to Us. We have created mechanisms to provide You with the following control over Your information:
We have implemented or may implement (but we are not obligated to implement or maintain) measures designed to secure Your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information that You provide to Us may be stored on Our secure servers behind firewalls. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the safety and security of Your information also depends on You. Where We have given You (or where You have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that You not to share your password with anyone. We urge You to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information You share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We may do our best to protect Your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of Your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Links to Other Sites
This Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Us. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by the Web site.
Your California Privacy Rights
Interstate Gas Supply, Inc. (“Company,” “Us,” “Our,” or “We”) collects various types of personal information about you both online and offline during the course of our customer relationship. Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you may make a written request to us about how we have shared your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In response to your written request, we may provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt-out of our sharing your information with third parties, if the third party will use it for their direct marketing purposes.
If you would like to exercise your rights under California law, please send your written request to the email address or postal address below. Your written request must include your postal address so that we may provide you with our notice and third party direct marketing opt-out form. We will provide you with this form within thirty (30) days of receiving your written request.
ATTN: Legal Department, Interstate Gas Supply, Inc.
6100 Emerald Parkway, Dublin, OH 43016
IGSenergy.com Minimum Browser Requirements
IGSenergy.com regularly monitors and tests browsers to ensure the highest quality standards for our customers. We may discontinue support of existing browsers if they no longer conform to W3C standards or have reached their end of life and are not supported by their development company. For optimal performance, we recommend using the latest version of the following web browsers:
- Safari 5.1 or higher
- Google Chrome 20.0 or higher *
- Firefox 16.0 or higher *
- Google Chrome 20.0 or higher *
- Firefox 16.0 or higher *
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 8.0 or higher (Win7/8, Vista, XP, 2000)
- Safari 5.1 or higher
- Google Chrome 20.0 or higher *
Customers who use older browser versions or choose to use another browser or a beta version of a browser may experience visual or functional difficulties with some pages of our web site.
*We do not specify version levels for Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer 9 and above, beyond what is stated above. These browsers use the automatic update methodology for continuous updates which means updates may occur rapidly and unannounced. However, these browsers all are based on current W3C guidelines and specifications and pass the stringent ACID tests for browser compliance.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I upgrade to another browser?
Google Chrome Download. Instructions provided there will help you with download and installation.
Mozilla Firefox Download. Instructions provided there will help you with download and installation.
Microsoft Internet Explorer Download. Instructions provided there will help you with download and installation.
Apple Safari Download. Instructions provided there will help you with download and installation
How do I determine which browser I am using?
From your browser, go to the Help menu and choose “About….” A screen will appear showing which browser and version you are using.
From your browser, go to the menu at the top of your screen. The name of the browser appears in the menu bar, just to the right of the Apple logo. Select the menu option that reads “About [Your Browser's Name]“.
Some of the site’s functionality doesn’t work or page display is broken? What are some possible causes?
If you are accessing IGSenergy.com through a firewall or proxy, check with your Network Administrator to determine if cookies are permitted.
If you have a pop-up blocker installed, it may also prevent some functionality on our site.
We use Adobe Acrobat Reader for most downloadable documents. We recommend using the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available free at Adobe.com.