Charitable Support Requests
Who we are
IGS exists to improve the lives of our customers, but we also work toward a broader vision of changing the world. This prompted us to launch our community investment program, IGS Impact. This initiative allows us to get involved with and give to causes that are meaningful to the company and to employees personally.
While we will still consider any request that improves the quality of life within IGS’ core markets, priority will be given to causes in which our employees are actively engaged, with a focus on energy sustainability, social enterprise, and entrepreneurship.
What we fund
Organizations must be one of the following:
- Recognized by and registered with the United States I.R.S. as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization; or
- Accredited public preK-12 schools or school districts in the U.S. to which contributions are tax-deductible under the Internal Revenue Code of the United States; or
- Accredited public or non-profit colleges and universities in the U.S. to which contributions are tax-deductible under the Internal Revenue Code of the United States.
Organizations include, but are not limited to, the following (please note that this list may be expanded or amended by IGS):
- Political organizations (partisan organizations or those supporting specific candidates, issues or legislation).
- Religious organizations (churches, synagogues, mosques and other houses of worship), or other organizations primarily promoting religious purposes. Other faith-based community service organizations or schools may be considered eligible if their programs:
- Are open to all individuals in the community regardless of religious belief;
- Serve a secular purpose, such as a food pantry, homeless shelter, or education;
- Do not require participation in prayer, worship, or other religious activities as a condition of receiving service(s) offered; and
- Do not use the individual donation or resulting match for religious purposes.
- Donor-advised funds, private foundations, personal trusts.
- Organizations that do not comply with IGS’ non-discrimination policy (i.e. organizations that discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex [including pregnancy], sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristic[s] protected by law).
Where we fund
Eligible organizations must be located in (or serve) at least one of our core markets, as outlined below: